Thursday, March 15, 2007

Pre-tourney jitters

Pre-tourney Jitters

I have a terrible bracket. This, I believe, is a good thing. I’ve had lots of brackets that I felt plenty good about, and they’ve always let me down.

Making a terrible bracket is a good idea. Either you’ll get a lot of the shocker picks right and you’ll be a genius, or you’ll be promptly eliminated after the first round. Or, in my case, I’ll get enough of them right to have a false sense of hope and enough of them wrong to start feeling just a tinge of hate for spring.

That being said, here are my stupid picks:

Midwest region:
Upsets:
Winthrop over Notre Dame (Huge has ND as a lock for his final four… I say this is good evidence that I should keep it as is)
Ga-Tech over UNLV (10 over 7 isn’t much of an upset.)
Team that I picked to go farther than I should have, and how far too far is:
Maryland, Final Four

West:
Upsets:
None in the first round. This is wrong, and I know it. Crap.
Kentucky over Kansas (Come on, it’s Tubby Smith. TUBBY!)
Team that I picked to go farther than I should have, and how far too far is:
Kentucky, Elite 8

East:
Upsets:
Arkansas over USC. A 12 over a 5. I’m banking on Arkansas coming back, not petering out.
G-Dubya over Vandy
Texas Tech over BC
Team that I picked to go farther than I should have, and how far too far is:
Texas Tech, Sweet 16. “But Jim,” you say, “Georgetown will be in the sweet 16!” Watch and learn, children.

South:
Upset:
Albany over VirginiaAlbany is the capital of New York. Their state insect is the ladybug, and ladybugs are neat.
Team that I picked to go farther than I should have, and how far too far is:
Um. Albany, second round. This is a bad idea.

On second thought, don’t pay any attention to me. Unless I’m a genius. Which I probably am.

One Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home