Saturday, October 28, 2006

World Series

World Series

I am not devastated.

I would be devastated if thought this would be our only shot at it. And though we've all been caught off guard by the success of the Tigers this year, I have no reason to believe they won't be this good if not better next year. The pitching will be back. The bats will be back. Leyland will be back.

I am a little disappointed.

We didn't play well enough to deserve a World Series title. We're a better team than St. Louis, but it doesn't matter when your pitchers spot them a few runs a game with throwing errors on routine ground balls. No one can tell me the week off was a good thing. The Tigers backed into the playoffs and somehow found something after losing game one to the Yankees, then rattled off a herculean seven-game win streak. They could do no wrong, they were a machine. And then they had to sit impatiently for seven days; I guess it was like the night before Christmas that wouldn't end. All after playing six times a week for more than six months straight. I wonder what goes through your mind when you're forced to wait for the World Series like that.

The "experts" all got it wrong in the ALDS, then they got it wrong for the World Series. No one gave the Cards a chance, and that should raise some Cardinal-colored flags. The Tigers were the obvious favorites. I heard one guy on the radio guaranteeing St. Louis wouldn't win a game. That, I think, is when I knew the Tigers probably weren't going to win the World Series. In light of all the expert prognostications, I have no interest in checking out any of the spin. What can they say other than that the Tigers just played badly?

But it's okay. We have an off-season to get another good bat. Who knows what's going to happen. But we'll be competitive again next year.



One Love.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home